What do I need to get into the Tournament?
When you arrive at the venue, open your AXS app and tap the ticket icon at the bottom of the screen. Select your event and your AXS Mobile ID will display. Then, simply show your mobile device to the gate associate to be scanned in.
Do I need to do anything before the Tournament?
We recommend downloading the app before your event date and getting all logged in to save time at the event. That way, when you arrive at the venue, all you have to do is open the app, scan your AXS Mobile ID, and that’s it!
What if I need to transfer my tickets?
To transfer tickets:
- Sign in to your account
- Select the event under “Your Events”
- Click on “Transfer”
- Enter the recipient’s first name, last name, and email address
- Click “Continue”
- Review the information is correct and tap ‘Transfer’
The recipient will receive an email with a link to click to get their tickets and, if they haven’t already, to download and install the AXS app.
What if I need help with my AXS Account?
You can visit axs.com/FAQ or call (855) 801-5707
Can I leave and come back?
We do not allow re-entry. However, you have access to both PGA WEST and La Quinta Country Club.
Please visit www.pgatour.com/ticketterms for more information
Do tickets include concert access?
All Friday and Saturday tournament tickets include admission to the concert after golf (there are no concert-only tickets)
When do concerts start?
Concerts will start after the completion of golf on Friday and Saturday, approximately 5:30 p.m.
When can spectators enter the concert area?
The concert area will open to spectators at 4 p.m.
Where is the concert venue located?
The concert venue is located on the Stadium Course driving range.
Can we bring chairs or blankets?
Chairs and Blankets will only be allowed in designated area.
Will there be food and beverages?
Food and beverage will be available during the concerts at concession stands
Will there be ADA seating?
ADA seating will be available in the concert venue
General parking is in the ‘P’ Lot. The entrance of the Main Tournament Parking Lot is on the Southbound Side of Jefferson Street, across the Street from The Hideaway Golf Club in between Avenue 52 and Avenue 54.
Daily Parking for The American Express is $20.
Shuttles will pick you up from the parking lot and drop you off at the Tournament Entrance. When you leave, the same shuttles will take you back to the parking lot.
To get to La Quinta Country Club you will also park in lot P and get on the designated LQCC Shuttle
ADA Parking will be available in the General Admission Lot. ADA shuttles will be available to transport guests to and from the tournament
Gates will open at 7:30am Thursday – Sunday of tournament week. Tee times will begin at approximately 8:30am daily.
Tournament Will Call/Ticketing Services is located at the Entrance of the Tournament.
All tickets are digital this year so there will be no tickets left at Will Call.
Items that are prohibited from being brought onto the tournament grounds include:
- Non-Approved Bags INCLUDING PURSES not to exceed 6″ x 6″ x 6″
- (see PGA TOUR bag policy)
- Weapons – even with a permit, violation is a felony (CA Penal Code 12020-12040)
- Beverages – exceptions will be made for specialty drinks such as baby formula
- Food items
- Radios/TVs or other noise producing items (electronic or otherwise)
- Signs, banners or posters
- Review the Permitted and Prohibited Items documents below for complete details
CHECK THE WEATHER
DAILY PAIRING SHEET & MAP
Daily pairings will be found on our tournament website. Pairings are where you find where the players tee off and the order of the groups.
Our tournament format is that two PGA TOUR professionals play alongside two amateurs at The American Express and rotate through three courses during their first three rounds of competition.
Check the scoreboards to find out who the leaders are, and where they are on course. One way to tell the players from a distance is to look for their caddies, who wear color-coded vests featuring players last names across the backs.
On-course autographs are not permitted. This includes, but not limited to, tees, fairways, greens, and practice areas during practice rounds and tournament rounds.
AMERICAN EXPRESS® 20% DISCOUNT
Use your American Express Card on-site to receive 20% off all concession and merchandise purchases. Terms apply*.
*Receive 20% off all in-stock items when you use any eligible American Express® Card to pay for your purchase at an on-site concession and/or merchandise location.
Discount is not combinable and will not be applied to taxes or other fees. Discounts are not valid on previous purchases.
Void where prohibited.
Fulfilment of this offer is the sole responsibility of The American Express golf tournament. Discounts are not redeemable for cash. Amex® Prepaid Cards are excluded.
Offer may be modified or cancelled at any time.
Fans have access to exclusive Malbon x The American Express co-branded merchandise at the Malbon pop-up shop within The Turn.**
**Available, while supply of Malbon merchandise lasts. Must pay with an eligible American Express® Card. Discount is not combinable and will not be applied to taxes or other fees. Void where prohibited. Fulfilment of this offer is the sole responsibility of The American Express golf tournament. Discounts are not redeemable for cash. Amex® Prepaid Cards are excluded. Offer may be modified or cancelled at any time.
The Amex Golf Tournament is an accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure you have access to all the event amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our patrons. The following explains the services provided this year. Please read this informational guide thoroughly before sending an inquiry email. For any accessibility-related questions not answered in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to assist you and address your accessibility needs.
The venue is navigable for people with mobility disabilities. We encourage all guests with mobility disabilities to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. Crutches, walkers and canes are permitted as well to be brought into the event. If you need to recharge your motorized mobility device, you may do so at the Accessibility Services Hub. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20 amp circuit.
We will not be providing wheelchair or scooter rentals.
ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES HUB
Please Note: You must stop here to get your ADA wristband credential. There is no ADA pre-registration before the event – this is all done onsite at the event.
There will be an Accessibility Services Hub conveniently located near the main entrance. The exact location of this hub will be labeled on the event map when it is released. At this location, you can:
- Get your ADA wristband credential
- Get your ADA questions answered
- Learn about our accessibility services
- ADA wristbands are good for the whole weekend
- DO NOT remove your wristband for the entire duration of the event
- One companion wristband will be issued for each disabled patron (exceptions will be made for families with young children)
- If a disabled guest wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion wristband to the Accessibility Services Hub to be reissued
ACCESSIBLE VIEWING AREAS
There will be an accessible viewing area made available to ADA patrons at the event stage. For more information on how to gain access to this area, please visit us at the Accessibility Services Hub.
Accessible Viewing Area Policies:
- Companions may be asked to stand in the back if capacity is reached
- Patrons and companions may not smoke in these areas
- Patrons may not save spots
- Do not block the view of the guests behind you
- Seating is first come, first served
Service animals are permitted throughout the venue. However, this does not include emotional support animals, therapy animals, or companion animals. Any animal whose task is to provide protection, emotional support, well-being, comfort, or companionship is not considered a service animal and will not be allowed into the venue. Only service animals that have been individually trained and are under the proper care of their owners will be allowed within the premises.
The following guidelines must be followed:
- All service animals must be registered with the ADA department upon entry into the event
- All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered. If these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or if the handler’s disability prevents the use of these devices, the handler must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls
- Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal
- All service animals should have legally required vaccinations (which ADA staff may ask to see for verification)
We ask that you do not leave your animal in your car while you’re inside the event, as vehicles without air conditioning on may become too hot and unsafe for any animal.
- First Aid: We have several First Aid locations throughout the venue, noted on the event maps and mobile app, if available. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
- Special Dietary Needs: The event will have food vendors that provide gluten-free dietary options. For those with special dietary needs beyond what will be offered at the event, please contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.
- Prescription Medications: All prescription medications must be in the original manufacturer container with your name on it, which matches your government-issued photo ID. Please only bring a sufficient amount of medication for the duration of the event. Your medications must be cleared by the medic team at the event entry.
- Other Services: If you would like to request large format print/braille literature, guided tours for guests with visual disabilities, assisted listening device systems or another accommodation not listed, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require assistance due to pregnancy/nursing, please reach out to the event’s information email address at email@example.com.
COMMENTS, QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
The Amex Golf Tournament will consider any request by a guest with disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the goods and services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make our event more accessible, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
We hope you find this guide informative, we look forward to seeing you at The Amex Golf Tournament !